Pages

Me and MTN

Tuesday 10 September 2013

                                                    
Hello lovelies

I've been fine, thanks for asking in your minds.

First up, I missed the bloggers meet up in Lagos which was kinda annoying/sad because I found out on the day and time was far spent so I glued my butt to my chair. Wish I knew a bit earlier, that would have spiced my holiday too but.....huge sigh.

Moving on......
One thing that has really annoyed me in the past weeks is how Nigerians/ Lagosians like to moan. They moan about EVERYTHING and anything. Although some things are worth moaning about but wait ....what are you doing to make it better?

A visit to the MTN shop at the mall in Ikeja, I noticed people call it ICM now yeah?
Some people stood and some sat waiting for their number to be called, thank God someone spoke up so I knew we had to get numbers.
What did I go there for? Internet service. I had to sort my micro-sim out  but then I discovered it had expired, heaven knows how that happened (side-eye).
Anyway, the guy at the desk then said the system is down so numbers are not being generated. I simply looked down to ensure no ones foot was by chance in the way.  I left the store gently, some people just had to show how uncomfortable they were in the store because the oh so not smiling MTN staff there were almost slower than snails.
My theory, no matter how hard you squeeze your face, I don't think its going to make them work any faster.

I called MTN customer service centre, and boy the adviser could not have been 'ruder'. He was absolutely  RUDE!
I hate yelling or being rude to someone I do not know over the phone, so I was furious when this urchin kept questioning me.
Let's call the guy MTN person.

MTN person: Hello good afternoon, my name is MTN person. How may I help?
Me: (uses the loud speaker)Hi!  I'm trying to top my phone up but it won't let me and my cousin is trying to transfer the airtime over and it keeps telling her that transfers can't be made to a postpaid customer and I am not a postpaid customer.  Is there a way you can sort that out for me? (Cousins and siblings laughing out really loud in the room).
MTN person:  please take your phone off speaker. (Me: switches to handset) what's your name?
Me: Tee.....
MTN person: Okay how may I help you?
Me: (my facial expression at this moment was priceless, considering the fact that my people were being so loud I gave him the benefit....) uhmm ookkkaaayeeee. I'm trying to top my phone up but it won't let me and my cousin is trying to transfer the airtime over and it keeps telling her that transfers can't be made to a postpaid customer and I am not a postpaid customer.  Is there a way you can sort that out for me?
MTN person: Please take your phone off speaker (raises voice)
Me: I'm not using the speaker (Cousin walks over)
MTN person: take your phone off speaker!!
Me: (I was getting angry at this point) I'm not using the speaker, are you indirectly saying I'm lying? Baby T, can you hear the person I'm talking to?
BabyT: No.
MTN person: your phone is still on speaker
Me: maybe you should give the phone to someone else, they might be able to hear me better
MTN person: so are you saying I have hearing difficulties?
Me: Nope! you wont stop arguing with me over the speaker issue maybe you should give the phone to someone else.
MTN person: People have been calling to say they have issues with airtime and blah di blah 

Suddenly suddenly, he happened to have heard everything I said beforehand acted like the speaker was never a big deal.

I felt bad inside that I just had a mini go at someone I don't even know so I felt I had to end the conversation on a good note but....... Honestly I was too angry to care. 
He was unable to sort the issue out and it took a day or so to get airtime on and all that. 

Are they really that rude? Like what's the point?

I called earlier to ask about data plans but this lady spoke like she was reading off a script. And even before we asked all the questions, she already said 'thank you for calling MTN, do have a lovely day and she hung up. 

MTN, y'all need to get your act together. 

Missy Tee.

7 comments:

  1. Customer service is not the best in most places, in Nigeria it's even worse. Pele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MTN? Don't even get me started on them

    ReplyDelete
  3. This MTN issue is getting old! Let them invest some of the money they do on brand ambassadors to get training for their Customer service attendance! It's such a shame that a top organisation like theirs should have endured so many complaints yet no sign of improvement..
    Me I am team port to Etisalat! lol
    *Nice blog Missy xx

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice and clean! Thank you!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS